For you to be on this post, it simply means you are seeking easy ways to migrate to Canada and as such, you want to know the Canada Visa Application process. Well, you are in the right place because we will be giving you a step by step guide on how to apply.
It will interest you to know that Canada offers amazing opportunities for immigrants who are seeking a better life. Canada has friendly immigration policies; a super-skilled workforce; an excellent standard of living as well as very good health care. As they say, health is wealth.
Canada has flexible immigration policies. However, if you don’t know how to go about the Canada Visa Application, your application could be delayed or even bounced. The Canadian Visa is what gives you the right to move about in the country without fear or intimidation. So, f you don’t have a visa, entering Canada is impossible.
What Are The Types Of Canadian Visa?
This question above is very crucial because when you understand the types of Visa Canada offers, you can make a good choice on which to go for. Canadian Government offers Visas in two major categories. They are;
- Permanent Residence Visa: As the name implies, this category is for those who plan to stay in Canada permanently. So, the Federal Skilled Worker; Canadian Class Experience; Provincial nomination program, and the Federal skilled trades program offers permanent residency paths through the Express Entry.
- Temporary Residence Visa: This is for foreigners who intend to stay in Canada for a short period of time. Under this category, you can find Visas such as; student visa, visitor visa, business persons and business delegations visa, diplomatic visa, intending organ donor visa.
Note: Temporary Residence Visa may be single or multiple-entry. How so? A single-entry temporary visa allows you to stay in Canada for not more than 6 months. On the other hand, a multiple-entry visa gives the immigrant the opportunity to stay for up to 6 months at a time and it’s valid for 10 years.
Who Is Eligible To Apply?
For you to be eligible for Canada Visa Application, you MUST fulfill the below;
- Availability of funds to take care of your self during your stay.
- You do not possess any security or health risk.
- Should be able to convince the immigration officer you will honor your obligations.
- You must have NEVER been banned from entering Canada.
What Are Canadian Visa Requirements?
The Canada Visa Requirements are listed below;
- Fill and complete the appropriate form pertaining to your interest on the IRCC official website.
- Two passport photographs as recommended by IRCC
- A valid copy of your passport
- Fill and complete the VFS consent form.
- Proof of funds
- English or French proficiency
- Processing fee receipt
- Reputable medical history
- Invitation letter detailing the purpose of your visit, and details of your host.
- A self-addressed return courier envelope
- Proof of ties to your home country
- Biometrics may be required
What Is Canada Visa Processing Time?
It is important to note that when doing your Canada Visa Application, there is no definite timeframe for it to process. However, there are lots of variables that could slow down or speed up the processing time. Some factors that can affect the pace of processing are; country of residence, the queue of applications, the accuracy of data submitted, verification of your data, etc. However, Express Entry is one of the fastest to process. It usually takes a maximum of 6 months.
Where Can I Apply For Canada Visa?
So, you may be asking in your heart, how then do I apply. Good question! There are basically two ways to apply. You can apply online via the IRCC Official Website. You will be needing a scanner, hard and soft copies of the essential documents required.
The other option(which is recommended) is to apply through a Global Visa Application Centre available in Canadian embassies or consulates.
Submitting Your Passport
When you are notified to submit your passport, you are to submit your passport along with the request letter through the Canada Visa Application Centre in your home country.
Note: If you are sending your passport to the same visa application center where you provided your biometrics, you are NOT required to pay for passport transmission charges. Also, you have the option of picking up your passport yourself, or through an authorized representative, or through a self-addressed return courier envelope.
Good-luck with your Canada Visa Application! Please, do well to share this post with your Facebook or WhatsApp contacts using the buttons below.